You know everyone is going to be posting about something pertaining to New Years—whether it’s about resolutions or reminiscing—everyone is talking about it. Let me just join that trend/bandwagon. I remember really looking forward to 2013’ because my 2012’ was kind of a tough year. My sense of direction was awful when it came to the whole “where do I go from here”? However, 2013—it was not so bad. I slowly got comfortable in my own skin. I met some pretty cool people that I think [hope] will stay in my life for a while. [Nicolette and I have already formed a solid bond of being soul sisters.] I don’t want to highlight things in bullet form because 2013’ wasn’t bad but it wasn’t all that great [besides my 4.0 GPA—I’m still so proud of that. Ha!]
Instead, let me just list out everything that I plan on accomplishing for 2014.
- Maintain the 4.0 GPA: This may be over the top nerdy but I want this more than anything because this is the single thing that I have complete control over. If I get below a 4.0, I won’t kill myself but I will be particularly more disappointed if I failed this goal versus the others.
- Travel to Yucatan Peninsula: Because it’s freaking Mexico and I want to travel out of the country.
- Eat clean and continue staying fit: If you want your body to look a certain way then you have to dedicate yourself. Plus there is nothing like the benefits of living a healthy life and having people go “wow, I want to look like that.” [A vain statement indeed, however—I say that about people all the time.]
- Read 100 books: it might be a lot for some, or minimal to others, but to me—as well as Nicolette—this is something important. Reading is so important for mental stimulation. I want to expand my vocabulary and I want to better my writing skill.
- Pay off all my credit card bills: I refuse to pay for a trip to Yucatan if I can’t afford it. This is good because I won’t be eating out or going out as much because I’ll either be studying, working out, or reading. TOO BUSY!
So those are my five goals. Five resolutions. I guess we’ll see how it goes. Now, onto Wardrobe Wednesday!
I am wearing:
Coat: Juicy Couture white peacoat
Shirt: Ralph Lauren turtle neck.
Bag: Louis Vuitton Never Full Tote
photos by Shawn Pearce