I have been slacking off a lot this summer but that’s because I have been so so SO busy with life. I’ll spare you the boring details but I think it’s time we get back into this, don’t you? This summer is strictly dedicated to just enjoying life. I want to try to live stress free and enjoy my two days off a week. Follow me each week as I adventure through various parts of Massachusetts and surrounding states (most likely with my son!) I will also be talking a lot about fitness because I have been working hard at the gym and I would love to share it with you all. The key to success is to have constant motivation, and I get that from blogging. Send ideas on what you would like me to write about at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on instagram at promisesofcoffee or my fitness instagram at FitCLe Today’s trip was to Horseneck Beach in Westport, MA. The sand was warm and quite nice between the toes. The temperature today was 79 with a breeze. It was not warm enough to stay in the water long but it was a lovely day to soak up some vitamin D! If you’re really bored, you can just sit back and totally people watch. I do that 99% of the time because I get bored very easily and always looking around for entertainment. Today, there was spanish music playing and a kite flown by no one. I saw someone shove their friend and I watch people litter. Got to spend some time with my friend and relax. The picture on the bottom was taken by him and it was inspired by the lovely Lauren Conrad. #trendsetter!
You know everyone is going to be posting about something pertaining to New Years—whether it’s about resolutions or reminiscing—everyone is talking about it. Let me just join that trend/bandwagon. I remember really looking forward to 2013’ because my 2012’ was kind of a tough year. My sense of direction was awful when it came to the whole “where do I go from here”? However, 2013—it was not so bad. I slowly got comfortable in my own skin. I met some pretty cool people that I think [hope] will stay in my life for a while. [Nicolette and I have already formed a solid bond of being soul sisters.] I don’t want to highlight things in bullet form because 2013’ wasn’t bad but it wasn’t all that great [besides my 4.0 GPA—I’m still so proud of that. Ha!]
Instead, let me just list out everything that I plan on accomplishing for 2014.
- Maintain the 4.0 GPA: This may be over the top nerdy but I want this more than anything because this is the single thing that I have complete control over. If I get below a 4.0, I won’t kill myself but I will be particularly more disappointed if I failed this goal versus the others.
- Travel to Yucatan Peninsula: Because it’s freaking Mexico and I want to travel out of the country.
- Eat clean and continue staying fit: If you want your body to look a certain way then you have to dedicate yourself. Plus there is nothing like the benefits of living a healthy life and having people go “wow, I want to look like that.” [A vain statement indeed, however—I say that about people all the time.]
- Read 100 books: it might be a lot for some, or minimal to others, but to me—as well as Nicolette—this is something important. Reading is so important for mental stimulation. I want to expand my vocabulary and I want to better my writing skill.
- Pay off all my credit card bills: I refuse to pay for a trip to Yucatan if I can’t afford it. This is good because I won’t be eating out or going out as much because I’ll either be studying, working out, or reading. TOO BUSY!
So those are my five goals. Five resolutions. I guess we’ll see how it goes. Now, onto Wardrobe Wednesday!
I am wearing:
Coat: Juicy Couture white peacoat
Shirt: Ralph Lauren turtle neck.
Bag: Louis Vuitton Never Full Tote
photos by Shawn Pearce